Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Asters Tag

Hi friends, I have been playing with the "Delicate Asters" collection from Heartfelt Creations and I came up with this tag.  For the background paper I used the paper with a light cream and purple design, I embossed it with a embossing folder and shaded the embossed areas and edges with distress ink.
For my focal point I used one of the images from the tags sheet, I used some purple cardstock to mat it and cut the edges with scalloped scissors.
I added some elements and glitter for the centers of the flowers.
I stamped the butterfly on white cardstock with black ink and covered it with a piece of double sided tape, I then covered with ultrafine glitter.  As a final touch I used a alcohol marker and blender to add some shading.
I adhered all the layers with pop dots, also added some detail lines with glitter.
I used some dimensional adhesive on the venise lace and covered it with glitter for some extra sparkle.
For the bow I used some seam binding I hand dyed to coordinate the colors of the paper.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, hope to see you back soon.

Angelica

Supplies:
Heartfelt Creations

Inks:  Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress ink (dusty concord)
Paper:  Bazzill Cardstock (Green, purple)
Accessories:  Tag, Venise Lace, Hand dyed seam binding, Recollections adhesive rhinestones, PC mini scallop deco scissors, Sizzix embossing folder (Raspberry), Spectrum Noir markers (Blender, LV2), Distress marker (milled lavender), Spellbinders (Classic Frame, Resplendent Rectangles), Sparkle N Sprinkle dimensional glue, pop dots, Venise lace butterfly, Art Glitter Gazelle Ultrafine Glitter

Instructions:
Size:  4 1/8" x 8 1/2"
Cut a piece of patterned paper to match the size of your tag, emboss with an embossing folder, shade edges and some of the embossed area with dusty concord distress ink, adhere to tag.  Cut the large frame with die from "Resplendent Rectangles" out of purple cardstock, adhere with pop dots to tag.  Cut a frame with die from "Classic Frame" from green cardstock, adhere with pop dots to purple frame.  Cut the sentiment card from the patterned paper sheet, mat with purple cardstock, use scalloped scissors and trim edges, apply some dries clear adhesive as pictured to the oval shape and edge of the image and cover with glitter, adhere with pop dots to the purple frame as pictured.  Stamp the following flowers from "Delicate Asters" set on white cardstock with black ink; 12-small asters, color with milled lavender distress marker and dusty concord distress ink, cut with coordinating die, shape with paper blossoms tool kit, adhere 8 asters to the sentiment image as pictured.  Stamp butterfly from "Delicate Asters and Butterflies" set on white cardstock with black ink, cover with double sided tape, cover tape with gazelle ultrafine glitter, cut butterfly with scissors, shade butterfly with alcohol marker and blender.  Adhere lace butterfly, stamped butterfly, lace, bow, extra flowers, and adhesive rhinestones as pictured.  Add some dimensional glue to the body of the butterfly and the lace and cover with glitter.  Add some elements and glitter to the centers of the asters.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! Love this new set!!! But then I love em all LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is so elegant! I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is absolutely beautiful and gorgeous! The colouring is just stunning! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Angelica