Thursday, September 01, 2011

Dare To Dream...

Hi everyone, today I have a very special card.  I made this card for Maria's birthday which is around the corner, again!!!  I got the Rapunzel image from a coloring page website, I took the image into Photoshop and sized it so it would fit the largest die from Spellbinders "Labels Seventeen", I printed it on 90lb. watercolor paper and colored with Distress re-inkers.  I originally was going to stamp "Happy Birthday" but I found this sentiment in one of my stamp sets and I just had to use it with this image.  
Used some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, the little rose buds were just white and I painted them with violet Inka-Gold paint so they have a very pretty shimmer.  I used an antique bronze filigree flower and heat embossed it with lilac frost embossing powder, and placed it under the large pink rose, it made a perfect little doily.
The crown I colored with some gold paint, this is the first time I used this brand of watercolor paper and I have to say I loved the quality of it.
Here my inspiration for my layout, isn't this a great sketch.
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a fantastic weekend, I'll be spending some quality time with my DH and DD.  Until next time.

Angelica


Supplies:
Size: 7" x 6"
Stamps:  CP Studio (Boho Blooms)
Inks:  Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress Ink (dusty concord), clear embossing ink dauber
Image Colored With:  Distress re-inkers (peeled paint, pine needle, wild honey, walnut stain, tattered rose, worn lipstick, brocken china, dusty concord)
Paper:  Bazzill Cardstock, GP white cardstock 110lb, Fancy Pants Designs, DCWV (Be Mine Stack), Canson 90lb cold press watercolor paper
Accessories:  Rapunzel image from coloring page website, Spellbinders (Labels Seventeen), Cuttlebug embossing folder (Ornamental), Recollections adhesive rhinestone swirls, Craft Smart gold paint pen, Martha Stewart punch (oak leaf), ribbon, Creations Unlimited embossing powder (lilac frost), Wild Orchid Crafts mulberry roses, Wild Orchid Crafts white heart shaped pearl beads, 8 Seasons Antique Bronze Filigree Flower, pop dots, Inka-Gold (Violet)
Challenges:  Mojo Monday Sketch #206

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and with my favorite colors too. Beautiful coloring. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Beautiful. The colors are just perfect...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Gorgeous card, beautiful image & colouring.

    Hugs, Gry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Angelica