Wednesday, February 15, 2012

PPRS February Sketch Challenge

Good morning everyone, welcome to our monthly sketch challenge with Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  Here is my creation, instead of making a card I used the sketch to make this fun tag featuring the "Gears" clear stamp set and coordinating die.  I created the background design on the tag by stamping the "Steampunk Locomotive" image several times with embossing ink and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder, I then applied a couple of different distress inks and shaded the tag.
I made all the gears by cutting with the PPRS "Gears" die from cream colored cardstock, I stamped all the images with embossing ink and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder, I used distress inks to shade the gears.
 I adhered the gears with different thickness pop dots and added some metal gears and gold adhesive pearls.
 Here is the fun sketch from Nicole.
Everyone is welcome to participate on the challenge, you are not required to use a PPRS image as long as you follow the sketch.  Make sure to link your entry by February 29th. on the PPRS Blog.  One lucky participant will be randomly selected and will receive a $15.00 gift certificate to the PPRS online store.

Can't wait to see you creations!!!

Angelica

Supplies:

Size:  3 1/8" x 6 1/4"
Stamps:  Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps (Clearly Beautiful Gears, Steampunk Locomotive)
Inks:  Embossing ink, distress ink (old paper, iced spruce), Versafine (Onyx Black)
Paper:  Cardstock
Accessories:  PPRS die (Gears), Ranger super fine detail clear embossing powder, Recollections gold adhesive pearls, beads, wire, gold trim, metal findings, pop dots
Challenges:  PPRS February Sketch

3 comments:

  1. I thought the gears were just perfect with this sketch, too. ;) LOVE your take. The gears are SO fabulous. Your shading is just out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tag!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....love this!! Usually I am not so much into the steampunk theme, but now I see it's because of the colors most people use with that theme. Love, love the softness of the colors you used. Amazing tag!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Angelica