Wednesday, September 07, 2011

My first Inky Card

Good morning everyone, today I have a special card I want to share with you.  It's my very first DT work for Inky Impressions.  I made this card for their challenge this week which is the color combination of "Brown and Cornflower Blue", love this two colors together, the challenge started yesterday, so make sure to join in the fun. 
For my card I used this darling image, her name is Princess Lili, isn't she adorable.  I stamped the image twice on watercolor paper and colored with distress re-inkers, I then cut the second image and adhered to the base image with pop dots for dimension.    
Here is a closeup of the image, I colored the crown and the wand with yellow and clear Sakura Stardust pens, this added the perfect amount of sparkle to the these areas. 

I also used this really cute crown charm also from Inky Impressions, perfect match for the darling image.
Here is my inspiration for the layout of the card, this is sketch #234 from CPS.

Thank you for stopping by and hope you join in the fun and share with us your take on the Inky challenge.  Have a great day.

Angelica


Supplies:
Size:  5" x 6 1/2"
Stamps:  Inky Impressions (Princess Lili)
Inks:  Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress ink (weathered wood), ColorBox fluid chalk (dark brown)
Image Colored With:  Distress re-inkers (walnut stain, tumbled glass, tattered rose, worn lipstick, faded jeans, vintage photo, wild honey)
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey, 140lb. cold press watercolor paper, K & Co. (Julianne)
Accessories:  Inky Impressions (princess crown charm), lace, ribbon, Prima Flowers, Recollections adhesive rhinestones, Sakura Stardust gelly roll pen (Clear Star, yellow), Martha Stewart mini doilies, jump rings, beads, pop dots.
Challenges:  Inky Impressions Color Challenge #IIC23, CPS card sketch #234, Catered Crop #FTR20, The Crafty Pad #137 color challenge Blue and Brown

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:05 AM

    WOWZER girl!! You've done such a stunning job with this creation!! Amazing coloring on Princess Lili and the charm is so perfect with this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Cute image! I love my Sakura pens!
    Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Blue & Brown challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sweetie this is so pretty x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love your coloring and the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami's sketch is great and I love how you worked with it Angelica! Your image is a beauty especially with your beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Angelica, and congrats on your new DT gig! I'm a big fan of your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWHHH super cute card :) hugss Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, what a cutie of a card. I love all the special touches you put into it. Thank you for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Angelica