Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy 4th & a Card

Good morning everyone and Happy 4th of July, we are spending the day with family and friends, lots of good food and fun.  Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.
So I have a quick post here, I have a card today featuring some stamps and coordinating dies from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  The layout of the card is based on sketch #60 from The Color Room, and the color combo is #28 also from The Color Room, these are both past challenges, but I just really liked the colors and sketch and had to give them a try.
I stamped the yellow paper with the "Wildflower ATC" stamp using tangerine chalk ink and applied some crystal Stickles to the edge of the paper.  For the flowers I used stamps and coordinating dies from "Flowers" and "Hibiscus" clear stamp sets, stamped them with eggplant envy ink from Stampin' Up, and shaped them with embossing tools.  The stamped leaves were made with the stamp and coordinating die from the "Hibiscus" stamp set, I stamped them with forest foliage ink from Stampin' Up, inked the edges with peeled paint distress ink and shaped with embossing tools.  Also added some punched leaves.
The sentiment is from the "Circles" clear stamp set, here you can see a close up of the flowers, added some stickles to the petals and adhesive rhinestone to the centers.
Thank you so much for stoping by and hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Supplies:
Size:  5" x 6 1/2"
Stamps:  Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps (Flowers Clear Stamp Set, Circles Clear Stamp Set, Hibiscus Clear Stamp set, Wildflower ATC)
Inks:  Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black), ColorBox Chalk Ink (Tangerine), Disstress Ink (peeled paint, dusty concord, black soot), Stampin' Up (Eggplant Envy, Forest Foliage)
Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, Basic Grey, KI Memories, Your Pictured Memories
Other:  PPRS dies (Flowers, Hibiscus & Leaf), Adhesive rhinestones, Quickutz circle die, Fiskars border punches (Apron Lace, Upper Crest), Punch Bunch (Oak Leaf), Stickles (Crystal), fibers, Cuttlebug die (Ornamental Iron)
Challenges:  The Color Room color challenge #28, The Color Room Card sketch #60

2 comments:

  1. you never fail to amaze me, this is gorgeous!!!! Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how I'm missing the posts cause I've got you on my side to see when you do post. I'm so sorry I'm so far behind. Another totally awesome creation. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Angelica