Monday, February 28, 2011

Prickley Pear Monday

Good morning and welcome to another Monday post with a fun project using some stamps from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  Today I have this tag full of flowers and bright happy colors, can you tell I'm ready for spring!!!  I used a manilla tag 4" x 8", I stamped the background using the PPRS "Rosebuds ATC" stamp with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with enamelware embossing powder, I then glimmer misted it with Tuscan Sun and Tiger Lily, once dry I added some brushed corduroy distress ink.  I made all the flowers with the "Flowers" clear stamp set and the coordinating die also from PPRS, I used the die to cut some flowers from gold ribbon, I like how this adds a different texture to the flowers.  The owl image is another stamp from PPRS called "Owl with bird", I stamped it on white Canson paper and colored with distress inks, cut with scissors.  For the oval shapes I used 3 dies from the "Inverted Scallop" set from Dies Direct.  For the final touch I added some gold pearls to the center of the flowers, some fun fibers and Stickles to the edge of the tag.

Supplies:
Stamps: Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps (Flowers, Dragonflies, Owl with bird, Dragonfly & Rosebuds ATC)
Inks: StazOn (Jet Black), Distress Ink (brushed corduroy), VersaMark Watermark, Stampin' Up (Pumpkin Pie)
Image colored with: Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, peeled paint, faded jeans, pumice stone, wild honey)
Paper: Patterned paper, Bazzill Cardstock, Canson "Fanboy" white paper
Other: 4" x 8" Tag, Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps (Flowers die set), Dies Direct Little Stacker Inverted Scallop, Ranger embossing powder (Enamelware), Stickles (Golden Rod), Recollections gold adhesive pearls, Glimmer Mist (Tuscan Sun, Tiger Lily), ribbon, Martha Stewart border punch (Double Arches), Punch Bunch punch (Rock fern), Cuttlebug Machine, pop dots, fibers.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The way you cut the owl and other bird to give it so much dimension is amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea9:30 AM

    I just saw this as I was "thumbing" through the ATC gallery at SCS. I had to stop everything to tell you that this is probably the best ATC I've seen. Creative, thoughtfully designed. I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you for sharing. You've inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Angelica